One Call Services Your Plumbing!
Drain Cleaning & Clog Removal on Long Island, NY
The Top Drain & Sewer Services in Nassau County
Your home’s plumbing system relies on a network of drains and sewer lines to provide water and carry away waste. When something goes wrong with one of these systems — a clogged drain or leaking sewer line, for example — it can interrupt your ability to go about your day. That’s where we come in.
At Universe Home Services, we have over 65 years of experience providing top-quality plumbing services throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County. We’re proud to offer fast, reliable, and affordable solutions for any home.
Professional Sewer Cleaning From Top Plumbers
If you’re looking for expert sewer services on Long Island, you can count on us to get the job done for you the right way. Our plumbing experts use only high-quality materials and equipment for all sewer and drain cleaning services to ensure that we deliver nothing but the best. A clogged sewer drain is a major inconvenience that can cause substantial problems in your home.
Problems with your sewer line can also be especially difficult to spot. Any wastewater in your home is transported to the sewer via your sewer pipes. A clog in your sewer line can lead to raw sewage backup coming out of your drains. This can lead to serious home damage and can leave you with an expensive repair or replacement bill that could have been avoided with the appropriate sewer cleaning services.
If you notice your sewer or drains are causing any problems in your home, it’s important to contact a professional plumber as soon as possible, so they can inspect and repair the situation for you immediately.
Signs You Need Drain Or Sewer Cleaning
A slow-draining kitchen sink or an occasional an unpleasant odor in your bathroom may seem like minor issues, but they can be a symptom of a serious drain or sewer problem. Most drain and sewer issues should be addressed as soon as possible to avoid potential health hazards and help reduce the risk of a major plumbing emergency.
Knowing what to look for can help you know when it’s time to call a plumber for Long Island sewer or drain services. Below, we list some of the common signs that you need sewer cleaning or drain cleaning as soon as possible.
Some common signs of a clogged drain include:
- Slow-draining sinks, tubs, or showers
- Unpleasant, sewage-like odors in your home
- Water damage to floors, walls, or ceilings
- Unexplained increases on your monthly bills
- Strange gurgling or trickling noises
- The sound of running water when taps are turned off
- Unusual lush patches in your lawn/landscaping
- A sudden rodent problem
4 Ways To Avoid Drain Clogs
- Hair-stopper: The number one reason our specialists get called to a home is because of hair in the shower drain. The proactive way to prevent these visits is to install a hair-stopper. They’re cheap and easy to install and will save you and your drains from this inconvenience and expense.
- Throw out your cooking oil/grease in the trash: It might be easy to wash down your grease into the kitchen sink after you’re done cooking, but if you do this, the oil will stick to your pipes and stop anything passing by, causing clogs and blockages.
- Lint-catcher: You probably don’t consider what happens to all the dirt and debris in your washing machine, but it will often go into the water line and clog your line. To avoid needing our Long Island drain cleaning professionals, install a simple lint-catcher and save yourself the hassle.
- Throw these foods in the trash: Eggshells, pasta, rice, celery, coffee grounds, or any kind of bones will disrupt your garbage disposal and clog your kitchen sink.
Why Do Plumbers Hate Chemical Drain Cleaners & DIY Methods?
Drano is a well-known plumbing solution sold at stores. Composed of sodium hydroxide, or lye, it’s capable of decomposing organic matter, including hair and grease. Therefore, it’s commonly used to clear clogged drains. However, plumbers strongly advise against using Drano if you have a clogged drain or other drain or sewer issues.
Three reasons why plumbers don’t recommend using Drano include:
- It’s unknown how Drano will react if combined with other cleaning products or solutions.
- It can be dangerous if it comes into contact with your skin, eyes, or the fumes are breathed in.
- It’s harsh and can damage your pipes if used too often.
State-Of-The-Art Drain Cleaning Solutions For Your Home
When it comes to your Long Island sewer services, we make it our mission to provide effective solutions that last. We stand behind all our work and are happy to help you find a solution that fits your needs and your budget.
Our team is highly trained in cutting-edge drain cleaning and sewer repair techniques, and we use modern technology, like in-line digital video camera inspections, to ensure that you receive superior plumbing services every time.
- Should You Rinse Dishes Before Putting Them in the Dishwasher?
- How To Prevent Pipes From Freezing & Bursting