One Call Services Your Plumbing!
Long Island Drain Cleaning
Sewer Services Throughout Long Island
Your home’s plumbing system relies on a network of drains and sewer lines to provide you with water and carry away waste. When something goes wrong with one of these systems—a clogged drain or leaking sewer line, for example—it can interrupt your ability to go about your day. That’s where we come in. At Universe Home Services, we have more than 65 years of experience providing top-quality plumbing services throughout Nassau County & Suffolk County. We’re proud to offer fast, reliable, and affordable solutions for any home.
Professional Sewer Cleaning
If you are looking for expert sewer services in Long Island, you can count on us to get the job done for you the right way. Our team of plumbing experts use only high-quality material and equipment for all sewer and drain cleaning services in order to ensure that we deliver nothing but the best. A clogged sewer drain is a major inconvenience that can cause substantial problems in your home. Problems with your sewer lines can also be especially difficult to spot. Any waste water in your home is transported to the sewer via your sewer pipes. A clog in your sewer line can lead to raw sewage backup coming out of your drains. This can lead to serious home damage, and can leave you with an expensive repair or replacement bill that could have been avoided with the appropriate sewer cleaning services. If you notice that your sewer or drains are causing any problems in your home, it is important to contact a professional plumbing company as soon as possible, so that they can inspect and repair the situation for you right then and there. In the next section below, we talk about some signs that you can look out for to help you determine whether or not you need emergency sewer cleaning or drain repair services in Long Island.
Signs That You Need Drain Or Sewer Cleaning Or Repair
A slow-draining kitchen sink or occasional whiffs of an unpleasant odor in your bathroom may seem like minor issues, but they can actually be a symptom of a serious drain or sewer problem. In fact, most drain and sewer issues should be addressed as soon as possible to avoid potential health hazards and help reduce the risk of a major plumbing emergency.
Knowing what to look for can help you know when it’s time to call a plumber for Long Island sewer or drain services. Below we list some of the common signs that indicate that you need sewer cleaning or drain cleaning services as soon as possible.
Some common signs of a problem include:
- Slow-draining sinks, tubs, or showers
- Completely backed-up drains
- Unpleasant, sewage-like odors in your home
- Water damage to floors, walls, or ceilings
- Unexplained increases on your monthly bills
- Strange gurgling or trickling noises
- The sound of running water when taps are turned off
- Unusual lush patches in your lawn/landscaping
- A sudden rodent problem
4 Ways To Avoid Needing Drain Cleaning
- Hair-stopper – The number 1 reason our Long Island drain cleaning specialists get called into a residence is because of hair in the shower drain. The proactive measure to stop these countless visits is to install a hair-stopper. They’re cheap & easy to install and will save you and your drains from this cat and mouse game.
- Throw out your cooking oil/grease in the trash – It might be easy to wash down your grease into the kitchen sink after you’re done cooking, but beware. If you do this, the oil will stick to your pipes and stop anything passing by causing all sorts of clogs and blockages.
- Lint-catcher – You probably don’t consider what happens to all of the dirt and debris in your washing machine, but they often will go into the water line and clog your line. To avoid needing our Long Island drain cleaning professionals, install a simple lint-catcher and save yourself the hassle.
- Throw out the following food particles in the trash – Egg shells, pasta, rice, celery, coffee grounds, or any bones of any kind will disrupt your garbage disposal and clog your kitchen sink.
Why Do Plumbers Hate Drano?
Drano is a well-known plumbing solution sold at stores. Composed of sodium hydroxide, or lye, it is capable of decomposing organic matter, including hair and grease. Therefore, it’s commonly used to clear clogged drains.
However, plumbers strongly advise against using Drano if you’re experiencing a clogged drain or other drain or sewer issues.
Three reasons why plumbers don’t recommend using Drano include:
- It’s unknown how Drano will react if combined with other cleaning products or solutions
- It can be dangerous if it comes into contact with your skin, eyes, or the fumes are breathed in
State-Of-The-Art Solutions For Your Home
When it comes to your Long Island sewer services, we make it our mission to provide you with effective solutions that last. We stand behind all our work and are happy to help you find a solution that fits your needs and your budget. Our team is highly trained on cutting-edge drain cleaning and sewer repair techniques and we use modern technology, like in-line digital video camera inspections, to ensure that you receive superior plumbing service, every time.
- Should You Rinse Dishes Before Putting Them In The Dishwasher?
- How To Prevent Pipes From Freezing & Bursting